Sunday, January 6, 2013

Guilt Trip - Review by Stoner Cricket

This is Stoner Cricket Review, where we review movies for Stoners, Ents, and the like. In today's installment I review “Guilt Trip.”

Guilt Trip is a Comedy starring Seth Rogen and Barbara Streisand. An inventor takes his product on the road to sell to companies, and decides to take his somewhat overbearing mother along. Comedy ensues.  


This is a blog where we review movies on the big screen to let you know if it’s worth the use of your cookie, brownie, or tokes off your pipe, etc. We use the Reddit Ent Scale to represent how stoned we were during the viewing. On a scale from [1 to 10] during the viewing of Guilt Trip, I would say I was about a [4].

Like I had said before my preferred method is to eat a brownie, cookie or some other kind of edible. I eat before the show, before even getting there, and by the time the show is starting it should be taking effect.

We came up with a rating system of up to 7 thumps up for how much the movie is worth seeing baked. Is it worth the use of your trees? We don’t want your trees going to waste. The 7 thumbs up is determined by 4 categories: Comedy, Effects, Plot, and Sound.

I give a Thumb up for sound. Guilt trip was a funny movie. From my perspective as a cricket closer in age to the Seth Rogen's character, most of the jokes seem to be scudded towards the Streisand age group. But, there were still jokes for the Seth Rogen-aged people to enjoy. So there is a wide age group that would like this movie. I give it a Thumb up for Comedy. The special Effects for this movie were limited. But, what they did have was good. I give a Thumb up for effects.
 
The plot was also good. It was well put together and not difficult to follow. I didn't feel like there were any slow parts. I felt the acting was good and the characters were believable. Be sure to stay in your seat to watch the outtakes during the credits. Overall, I give 2 Thumbs up for plot.

Giving a total of 5 out of 7 thumps up for Guilt Trip at a [4], I would recommend the movie.  It would not be a waste of your trees.

Thanks for reading this installment of Stoner Cricket Review. Please leave a comment or your thoughts on the movie, and return to find upcoming reviews. Thanks for stopping by!
  
I’m Stoner Cricket.

No comments:

Post a Comment