Friday, December 14, 2012

Red Dawn - Review by Stoner Cricket


This is Stoner Cricket Review, where we review movies for Stoners, Ents, and the like. In today's installment I review “Red Dawn.”

Red Dawn is a remake of an action war movie featuring Chris Hemsworth (Thor, 2011) . North Korea, backed up by Russia, invades the U.S. which is unguarded because its troops are all over the world, in Iraq, Afghanistan, and conflicts with Russia in Europe, and the Mediterranean.


This is a blog where we review movies on the big screen to let you know if it’s worth the use of your cookie, brownie, or tokes off your pipe, etc. We use the Reddit Ent Scale to represent how stoned we were during the viewing. On a scale from [1 to 10] during the viewing of Red Dawn I would say I was about a [7].

Like I had said before my preferred method is to eat a brownie, cookie or some other kind of edible. I eat before the show, before even getting there, and by the time the show is starting it should be taking effect.

We came up with a rating system of up to 7 thumps up for how much the movie is worth seeing baked. Is it worth the use of your trees? We don’t want your trees going to waste. The 7 thumbs up is determined by 3 categories: Effects, Plot, and Sound.

I give a thumb up for sound. I enjoyed all the CCR songs in the movie. The special Effects for the movie were good, but there was nothing that was spectacular. I did like the scene with the paratroopers landing in a residential neighborhood. It was very surreal, and I was in the moment. I give effects 2 Thumbs up. On to Plot, it was good. I have not read the book or seen the original Red Dawn form the 80s, but I suspect it was very similar. In this movie I believe we were meant to stay in the dark about what was happening, like the characters. But, it would have been nice to have a little more context. I also would have liked to have had a little more background on the main characters. It was difficult to follow what was going on between some of them. What I did like was that it gave us a glimpse of what it would be like if the US was to be invaded and occupied. I give 2 thumbs up for plot.

Giving a grand total of 5 out of 7 thumps up for Red Dawn at a [7], I would recommend the movie. It would not be a waste of your trees.

Thanks for reading this installment of Stoner Cricket Review. Please leave a comment or your thoughts on the movie, and return to find upcoming reviews. Thanks for stopping by!
 

I’m Stoner Cricket.



No comments:

Post a Comment